Sunday, November 2, 2008

Today's Flowers: a bunch of Lilies and roses...


No, no I wasn't talking about these lilies...

This is our bunch of lilies and roses:



What a weekend!
As it'll be a history in a few hours I can take a minute for a comprehensive review:


*SATURDAY*
My sis left the house at 8:00am to go for a weekend trip with her husdand.
I couldn't refuse the baby-sitting of her three lovlies and I became their "weekend mom" for a day and a half. It was her first weekend without children since she was married (9 years ago).

My hubby was painting his mother's house and I washed her curtains, windows,doors and kitchen fitments as soon as he finished his work.
And ofcoursed I COOKED!
For 11 people!!!


*SUNDAY*
I prepared for gilrs my special "hotel breakfast" and they really cleaned every plate!!!


One of my cousins that I had a lot of time to see phoned and told me that he was coming to visit us in a few hours. Ofcourse I was very happy. The only thing that was eating me was that my oldest daughter had a history test and how would I help her!
My sister returned at 1:30pm and took her daughters home, my cousin left at 7:00pm and my head is all of a swim from history....! And I have tons of rough-dry clothes...!


15 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful lilies and roses, and cute girls! And they were a great help in the kitchen, too!
Have a nice week!

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

Nice post!!!
I specially liked the «Hotel Breakfast»!!!!!

 gmirage said...

The lilies are especially beautiful! If I have a garden I'd have lots of them! Enjoy your week!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lilies.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Marina: I like roses but that liliy caught my eye.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my, you certainly have had a busy weekend but sounds like all had a wonderful time. Your photos are great, the children are adorable, your hotel breakfast, so yummy and your flowers, gorgeous. Thanks for the nice welcome back. It is good to be back on line and sharing again.

Anonymous said...

What a weekend indeed, you keep open house there (this is the english expression as I looked it up, in Flemish we call it the sweet invasion. We use this for the place of people who are very warm and welcoming, as you are, and who cook tastfull meals, ... )

antigoni said...

Excellent post!
I've got an award for my precious sister. Visit my blog to receive it.

Norm said...

I love lilies too, very attractive...

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Hello Marina, thank you so much for your kind comment.
The lilies and roses are a gorgeous arrangement. The children are absolutely beautiful,so much to look forward to. I had a peek at your earlier blogs. You have a lovely family plus extended family which is beside health the most important in ones life. Good food too!! Marina my TF is in my "Three Monkeys" blog.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Lilies are always beautiful wonderful shots

Anonymous said...

I love lilies! Beautiful shots:)

Mine is up too, HERE. If you get a chance;) Happy TF!~

Arija said...

Lovely bunch of roses and lilies. Glad you had a full week-end.

♥ Denise BC ♥ said...

Hi, Marina
Their lilies and roses are beautiful and perfumed, I see that your weekend with the kids was very fun and rewarding. Thank you for participation.

Denise & Santilli - Team TF

Unknown said...

What a special time! I am so glad you couuld be a blessing to your sister : ). I can tell the girls had SO much fun with their COOL Aunt! I love it!