Thursday, September 9, 2010

ABC Wednesday: H for heroes


Hero is someone who fights for his ideal, for his life or just for people's freedom!
We, in Greece, know well how important is to be free. Although we're so peaceful as a nation, we were forced in many wars because of our position and believes. At that
time many people, men and women and sometimes children had to get ahead of themselves and fight for the right! These people weren't just Greeks. Several countries helped us win our freedom.
All these thoughts came up when, a fe
w days ago, being in Mons (a town in Belgium), we were part of a parade of soldiers and tanks, trucks and nurses who were celebrating the freedom of the town at the second world war. For a few minutes I was there, when this parade really happened for the first time. Believe me, it was very touching...


3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Heroes are important, those who fight in wars and those who fight to prevent them.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

DeniseinVA said...

A wonderful post Marina, I hold my hand high to wave to all heroes around the world.
An English Girl Rambles

ayamlin said...

Hi Marina!
I hope no more war.
Is it difficult?
I'm trying to understand why wars happen.
but I don't get it.
I hope no one has fight....